[Bioeng_local] Fwd: Do you have a poster you have used for a conference? Thesis students

Anthony Butler anthony at butler.co.nz
Wed Jun 29 08:12:16 NZST 2016

See below for details regarding Otago PhD student poster competition.

Anthony

Subject: Do you have a poster you have used for a conference?  Thesis students
Date: Tuesday 28 June 2016, 5:25:58 AM
From: Ruth Helms <ruth.helms at otago.ac.nz>
To: Ruth Helms <ruth.helms at otago.ac.nz>

To:  Christchurch campus thesis students

c.c.   Administrators/supervisors

From:  Ruth Helms

Thesis students: Do you have a poster you have used for a conference?

The University of Otago, Dunedin campus is holding a postgraduate
information/advertising event for potential postgrad students in August 2016.

As part of this event, there is a poster competition for postgrad thesis
students and the Division of Health Sciences is going to enter one poster from
each campus.     There will be about 40 posters altogether in the competition.
The posters will be displayed between 4-8 August and judged on 8 August.
There will be a $500 Prezi card for top poster, and two $250 cards for Best
Poster for a Lay Audience, and Best Poster for an Academic Audience.

So, if you already have a poster about your thesis research which you have
already prepared for another purpose within the last 12 months (conference
probably), [ or you can create a new poster] and would like it to be
considered for the competition as the Chch entry, can you send me a pdf copy
(as long as it is A3 so that I can print it out)  or drop off a copy to my
office (via ground floor reception, Med school) and we will get it judged
locally and choose one from Christchurch for the event.

Rules:

Guidelines are generic and not very stringent

Poster needs to be about your research

Poster needs to be less than 12 months old

Final Size:  Preferably A1/A2

Judging criteria

The poster competition will be judged based on the following criteria;

Layout and visual effects

Accessibility to a lay audience

Content

Brevity

Technical ability

It would be helpful for judging that the criteria for the original purpose
that the poster was used for is attached.

Deadline to get the poster to me: Tuesday, 19  July 2016

Regards

Ruth

_______________________________________

Ruth Helms